Thursday, September 04, 2008

In lieu of complaining....

I will share a recipe.

Italian Restaurant Salad
(some say this is like the Olive Garden salad.)


Dressing:
3 T. olive oil
2 T. red wine vinegar
2 t. lemon juice
1 t. salt
1/2 t. sugar
1/2 t. oregano
1/4 t. pepper
2 cloves garlic

8 c. lettuce (Rmaine)
3 tomatoes
1/2 c. shredded carrots
1/2 c. mild banana peppers
1/4 c. black olives
1/4 c. parmesan cheese


Mix dressing.
Make salad.

Toss together!



****

You see, when I started this blog I had a few things in mind....

The Bible verse up at the top.

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...
1 Thessalonians 4:11


And # 7 on my New Years Goals list was Stop Complaining.

And actually that's the one I accomplished.

On the blog at least.

So let me just quickly say, I am trying to settle down from the stress of driving Katie to school.

Be still my racing heart.
Be still my soul.


My goal for this year.

Have a quiet and gentle spirit in the car.


This is a biggie for me. It is one of my worst characteristics.


The time has come.

I can not stand this horrible feeling and
Katie does not need her morning moments with mommy to be off the charts stressful.

Wish me well.

Say a prayer.

And send me some tips.


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.