Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Christmas Miracle

Living and driving in Wisconsin can be treacherous and nerve wracking. Driving Katie back and forth to school
has been difficult in our record breaking snow-filled December. Even with new tires my anti lock brakes scream and wail and they wheels spin and flail.
My shoulders and back are tight and my neck is sore from the stress of it all.

So on Christmas Eve afternoon as we headed to church for choir practice with the children's Mass to follow I yelled at the car for being so lame. (I tend to yell at inanimate objects)

My husband, who was merrily riding along in the passenger seat says,

"Here. Push this "W". For Winter driving."

20081230_4185

He pushes the "W" and an arrow appears on the dashboard.

"That does not mean winter!" I say. "Where did you hear that?"

"I think I read it." He laughs.

"Are you kidding me? That does not mean winter!"

More laughter.

"I think it does." He says.

"OH MY GOSH! I have been driving around the country for four years, cursing and sliding and being in fear for my life and
all along this car has a button!!! It IS much better. The car feels heavier. Like a tank."


Patrick searching and not finding the Volvo manual says, "Uh-huh."

"Why didn't you ever tell me this?"

"I forgot."



"It's a Christmas miracle!!!" I declare.


And it was.

20081230_4186


There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.
~Albert Einstein



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.