Thursday, February 26, 2009

In the land of self-felting socks


It's a hard knock life.

Once upon a time, I knit a pair of little woolen socks for my girl.
She wore them in her boots. Every day.
They got damp. They got stomped upon.
And they felted so unevenly.

Yet. In the boots they stayed. To warm those little toes.
Not pretty anymore. But ever so useful.

Not unlike the velveteen rabbit.


20090224_5499-2tra



****

Now down to business.

LOST!?

No doubt in my mind.
Locke is good. Ben is bad.

Widmore, I am not sure. They messed with my head on that one.


Idol? Any faves from last night?

The sixteen year girl with the horrible red hair can SING!
She was impressive.


***

Help in class, science "share" and final (I pray) crown cementing today.
My nose is stuffy and my ankle is healing.

I think my system was so busy working on my ankle,
it forgot to protect me from germs.

Oh! One more thing.

I have a clever friend who mentioned that Nancy Pelosi jumped up and down like a Jack-in-the-box clapping for the Prez on Tuesday night. I could see it. It was spot on. I suggested she photoshop a little tribute to the Pelosi-in-the-box (her title for it).

She did :o)


Pelosi-in-the-box

How funny is that!?



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.