Saturday, March 14, 2009

20090313_6197-3

Patrick invited me to lunch yesterday. It was like a real date. :o)

We went to a place called Quaker Steak. Which, of course, I call Quaker State.

These Cajun/Blue cheese chips are just fantastic.

20090313_6208-2

So pretty with the bokeh.

I love to shoot with the camera sitting on the table.
It's my thing.


It is also my tripod.

(With four legs)

20090313_6217-2

Next time we go there, I am going to ask to sit across from this map because I love it so much.

We are big 'License Plate" game players in the car when we travel so you can imagine how we love this thing.


20090313_6240-2

I changed the setting in my camera from VIVID to NORMAL the other day.

I was noticing some redness in the face that I just didn't want to have to edit.

20090312_6139-2

I have my camera set on VIVID since attending the Audrey Woulard workshop last April.

Gosh. That seems like a million years ago.

***


In the last three weekends we have seen three movies. (We download them right to TIVO.)

Ghost Town
Vicky Christina Barcelona
Burn After Reading


Burn After Reading was okay. Really was just a remake of Fargo in Washington DC. So similar in plot.
Dumb people doing dumb things.

Vicky Christina Barcelona was pretty boring. Just a whole bunch of messed up folks, messing up.
Smart people doing dumb things.



Ghost Town.

Who has even heard of this movie??

I don't know when this was released but it was just buried for some reason.

I liked it. I have never seen Ricky Gervais in anything before and I ended up really liking him and he did some things that really made me laugh! I always like Greg Kinnear. I think he is exceptionally talented.

Has anyone else seen this movie?

I think it is worth watching. It's sweet and made me cry.

We just get the one life, you know. Just one. You can't live someone else's or think it's more important just because it's more dramatic. What happens matters. May be only to us, but it matters.






What happens matters.



"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."
~ Einstein


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.