Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Five

What’s something you know how to draw?
Who’s someone you could get away with impersonating?
Where’s the stapler?
Why will this be a great weekend?
What is your favorite really messy food?


HT friday5.org



What’s something you know how to draw?



This is what I can draw.
I learned this from a girl in 8th grade.

20090417_8096


20090417_8095
This is a doodle I doodle almost daily.

So now you can see why I picked up the camera to express my artistic side :o)


Who’s someone you could get away with impersonating?


The Tin Man.

I can say "oil can" just like him.

and I think I do a mean Bob Dylan.

My family disagrees.

"How does it feeeeel...to be out at home."


Again, why I picked up the camera to express my creative side.


Where's the stapler?

I think it is in the corner cupboard in the kitchen or it is in the armoire in the living room.


What is your favorite really messy food?

My new favorite messy food is the Blue Moon Burger from the Blue Moon bar in Madison on old University.

It was so delicious and so messy. I can't stop thinking about it.

"Get in my belly!"


Why will this be a great weekend?

This will be a great weekend because I am determined to live right here, right now, in this place and moment.

The play that Katie has been preparing for since January will be preformed this weekend.

Saturday to be exact. We will go and see it twice. Emma is coming home just to see her little sister.

It's a big deal to Katie so it is a big deal to us!


I am determined NOT to think about Ree and the Ranch.

You see, this is the weekend Patrick and I were invited to go to The Ranch to meet Ree and MM and a few other bloggers.
I know you can imagine my despair when I saw the date of the get together and it was the exact weekend of Katie's play.
It never crossed my mind to miss Katie's play.

But that doesn't mean it doesn't haunt me just a little. Okay. A lot.


But I learned from the Audrey Woulard debacle, that it will all work out.
I can't fathom it. But I know it's true.


"Family First" as my mother use to say.
I didn't remember that until my sister Sue wrote it in the comments last week.
But, I remembered it in my heart, I guess.
There was never any doubt that we would be here for Katie.




20090415_8078-220090415_8079



Happy Friday All.


Encourage one another,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.