Monday, May 11, 2009

A recipe.

A recipe I actually made up all by myself.

And my husband thinks it is the very best thing in the world.

Imagine my joy in knowing how to make something that he loves. It makes me so happy.

And it is economical. I like that too.

We shall crown my crowning achievement.

Patrick's Chocolate Malt.

You will need.

Some good vanilla ice cream.
Hershey's chocolate syrup
milk
Carnation Malted Milk/ Chocolate
Blender


20090511_8744


Fill the blender up to the 32 oz line with ice cream.
This is about 3/4 of the way up on ours.

The ice cream is not pressed down. It is just scooped in.
There are air pockets.

Squirt in roughly two tablespoons of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup.

Measure a cap full of Carnation Malted Milk and add to the blender.

Add one and a fourth cup of milk.

Turn the blender on high. Use a spoon to help.

If the malt is too thick to mix easily then add one fourth a cup more of milk.

Keep blending.

Taste it. Adjust it. Squirt in more chocolate syrup if necessary.

Pour into one large and one medium size glass.

Make your family happy.


20090510_8706

Helpful hint: We save our big fat MacDonald's straws. We wash them and reuse them.
(You can not buy nice big fat straws like this and I don't like to take them so we have resorted to washing them.)

Budget tip: It is much cheaper to make your own malts. In our neck of the woods a malt goes for $3.50 at MacDonalds to $5.00 at Michaels. One of those big buckets of Dean's ice cream costs about $5.50. (Even less if purchased on sale.)

Recipe site: In case you didn't know. I have a recipe website. I put only the recipe's that I know how to make and make well.
There is not a lot over there. But if I die, my tried and true recipes are all in one place.

Check it out; Recipes I have know and loved


***

Katie cooked up a little Mother's Day surprise for me.

20090510_8709

I am especially fond of those eggs and that STICK of butter. The girl knows her momma.

20090510_8710

I LOVE the water colored petals on this wonderful project!
So very beautiful, sweetie!

I am funny, a helper and hug a lot, says Katie.

That's okay by me :o)

She is also funny and loving and a great hugger, too!



My dad use to add a raw egg to his chocolate shakes.
Isn't that interesting?

Have you ever heard of that?



Have a wonderful Monday!


Encourage one another,

Donna
(Your pony-tail wearin' friend)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.