Friday, June 05, 2009

The Friday Five and a rebuttal


Yesterday in the comments, Lynn said, "I'm having a terrible time thinking of things to make for dinner and would love some new ideas. Any fresh brilliance out there? "

And so, a Friday Five was born.


List you top five late spring/early summer dinner ideas.

I thank you.
Lynn thanks you.


***

DSC_0441-2

I have a nagging feeling, the girls are getting a bit tired of my new camera.


***


Yesterday, you may have noticed an unusual comment in the comment box.

"Religion is creepy, but I like your pictures."

Now that might be a common sentiment out there in the world and it doesn't surprise me or hurt me or even upset me.
It actually made me laugh because I thought the word 'creepy' was funny.

Because, you see, I am pretty much a Jesus freak. I gravitate to people who love Jesus. I adore people who love Jesus.
If you love Jesus, we have an instant bond. We are sisters in Christ. And that is the most precious thing in the whole wide world to me.

Nothing is more important to me than loving God and worshiping Him with my life.

I believe God is my creator, my redeemer, my biggest fan.

And the love of God is ...


Could we with ink the ocean fill,
And were the skies of parchment made,
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
And every man a scribe by trade,
To write the love of God above,
Would drain the ocean dry.
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky.
anon



Perhaps the commenter just hates organized religion.
Who knows what life experience makes one think religion is creepy.
That is too bad.


For me, I just go back to the center of it all and find Christ.

And I love Him and all that He has done for me.

And when you look at my pictures, you are seeing God working thru me.
He gave me my camera, my talent and my life.

My heart is full of gratitude for all that He has given.


So for me, creepy does not fit at all.

I learned a while ago, that we can not give our faith to others.
So I don't try.

I am just living my life kind of out-loud.
And this is what you will find when you visit my blog.

I am all about loving one another and encouraging one another here.

A wise woman once said to me, "You are called to learn God's truth and pass it on."

So on a good day, I will do that with His help.

And then one day a person comes along who thinks religion is creepy and I have the perfect opportunity to share what is really important to me and how it is the opposite of creepy to me.

And that's all I know and I am thankful for the opportunity to share what I believe.

Love you all.


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.