Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Before.....



DSC_0532



After....




I have some appointments this morning.
Must leave this minute.

I'll be back.

M. Boo



******




I'm BAAACK....


Why are all my thoughts movie quotes?


So I just returned from the hospital and Dr. office where I was poked and prodded within an inch of my life.

At one point I said to the Doc. "It's like a treasure hunt!"

I also said, "bi-bop-sy" to amuse myself...



Best part was....there was a tv in the waiting room, which I was in for an hour. (the room, not the tv)

Regis and Kelly was on. I was content.

Did I ever tell you the story of why I love Regis Philbin so much?
I am going to make myself cry...

One month after Emma was born (20 years ago) I had a ruptured appendix. My doc was a moron and didn't figure it out for three days. I almost died. I laid in the hospital, all alone, without my baby, pumping milk and jacked up on morphine for a week.

It was a nightmare.

When the appendix was finally taken out, by a different doctor, let's call him Dr. Welby, it was black. My appendix.
It had been rotting away in there for who knows how long.

Anyway. I was a sick girl.

And I laid in my hospital room feeling sorry for myself and loney and sick.

And I watched Regis and Kathie Lee. And Regis made me laugh.

I laughed at him even with the gaping unsewn-up hole in my side.

And I love him for that.

He was with me thru my bowel obstruction a year later and he was with me this morning.

And I laughed in front of other gown wearing women.

They didn't look up from their magazines, that don't know our history. Reg and me.

He is my make-believe, television 'constant'.





*****

And here is the after picture, I promised earlier today.

Katie went to the apple orchard with Amy J in Wi and Carrie on Saturday.

With the apples Katie picked, I made a cobbler of sorts.

I don't make pies. I'm not a huge fan of crust.

But the yummy butter and brown sugary topping, I'm all over that.


DSC_0544

DSC_0546


Here's what I did.

Sliced about 7 apples.
Put them in a pie plate.
Isn't it pretty?

Mixed

3/4 cup flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. salt
1 stick butter, softened

Cut in the butter.
Sprinkle on apples.
Bake at 350 for @ 30 min.


Wait until it cools to eat it so you don't burn your tongue.


I think I will have some of that right now.


Encourage one another,
Donna

p.s. no worries about all of my tests...they are just a bunch of minor problems...nothing for you to worry your pretty little heads about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.