Tuesday, October 27, 2009

DSC_5666-2pp

Before the Packer on Sunday game we took a little drive around our neighborhood.

Southern Wisconsin.

We stopped at my favorite barns. I set up my camera and Katie took the picture.

Here is what I mean by I set up my camera.

I put the camera on (A) for aperture priority and then I set the aperture to 1.8.
I told Katie where to stand and told her to hold still and shoot.

And really. I couldn't have done any better.

(I love my spontaneous, adorable husband.)

DSC_5678cr


We don't have to drive far to see this sight.


DSC_5649

The corn is super tall this year.

DSC_5655

It is at least 8 feet tall.

When we got home I made The Pioneer Woman's Potato Skins.
I have never done this before but the step by step instructions led the way.

DSC_5699-2

Patrick really loved them just like this.

DSC_5702-cr

I like mine like this.

They were done just in time for half time.
Packer's won!


Very, very good!!!



A goodbye to October poem. One of my very favorites.
Thanks for reminding me of this one, Melika :o)


October's Party
George Cooper

October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came-
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.

The Chestnuts came in yellow,
The Oaks in crimson dressed;
The lovely Misses Maple
In scarlet looked their best;
All balanced to their partners,
And gaily fluttered by;
The sight was like a rainbow
New fallen from the sky.

Then, in the rustic hollow,
At hide-and-seek they played,
The party closed at sundown,
And everybody stayed.
Professor Wind played louder;
They flew along the ground;
And then the party ended
In jolly "hands around."


DSC_5671-2

I was delighted to see the colors in the background mimicking Katie's hat.

I think I need to make more of those hats.

The yarn. Kureyon by Noro.

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.