Saturday, October 10, 2009







Our heater is puffing out hot air and the sound is a memory.
We have frost and crystal covered leaves dropping with tiny thuds and crackles.

Up north it is snowing.

We seem to have missed summer this year and now fall has skipped ahead a few months.

I must adjust my thinking and stop fretting. The weather is not going to care if I worry all month that I have to cancel and reschedule photoshoots. If my wonderful line up of fall sessions is smashed to smithereens.

We can only control certain things in this world...like how we react to the bumps and disappointments and the weather.

My burdens are light.

If I can't weather the weather, I am in for a rough road.



All movie quotes. Go ahead and guess :o)


“It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great.”


“I know you want it to remain pleasant around here but there are so many things that are so much better, like silly or sexy or dangerous or brief. Every one of those things is in you all the time, if you’d just have the guts to look for them.”


“In this world you must be oh-so-smart or oh-so-pleasant. Well for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant and you may quote me.”


“Instead of telling our young people to plan ahead, we should tell them to plan to be surprised.”





"Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?"



Encourage one another,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.