Thursday, November 19, 2009

I am leaving in a few hours for Phoenix, Arizona.

Patrick and Katie are staying home for this trip.
I will miss them and wish they were coming. Really.

But I know I will have a blast.
I am staying with Janet and her busy family.
It's been a few years since I have seen her whole family.
And Janice....it feels like forever since I have seen her boys.
It hasn't been. But it feels that way because children change so much in three years.
Huge changes.

All of the Glyman kids will be there. We will have been together twice in one year.
How amazing is that?

And why are we all headed to Phoenix?

Our niece Ashley is getting married!

Ashley and Joe.

I can not wait to meet Joe. I hear he is a wonderful man.

So much to take in and enjoy.

I just can't wait to get there.

But, I have one thing to ask?

Do you get sick when you land in Phoenix? Every time I have flown there, I get real queasy.
Something about dropping out of the sky over the Camelback mountains that turns my delicate tummy.

I arrive sweaty and nauseous.

Nice huh?

I am just a delicate little flower. On the inside.

:o)


Look at these precious pictures of Ashley and her parents.
I took these pictures with my Minolta SRT 201 in Minocqua Wisconsin, Bolger Lake. 1978.

DSC_7378

Ashley with her mommy, Nancy.

DSC_7380

Ashley and her daddy, Bink.

What wonderful memories!





******


And I read something last night that I thought was interesting and most likely true.
But it blew my mind to hear it put like this...


"The most difficult lie I have ever contended with is this:Life is a story about me."

"No rut in the mind is so deep as the one that says I am the world, the world belongs to me, all people are characters in my play.
There is no addiction as powerful as self-addiction."

Don Miller/Blue Like Jazz



Think about it.
It's provoking.

What do you think?
You may disagree. Just be kind.


I should be able to blog a little from Arizona.

Love ya lots!

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.