Friday, January 08, 2010





Last night I concluded the 'eat' portion of the book Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.
If you haven't read the book, Elizabeth visits Italy for the eat portion of the book.
Four months in Italy.

It was wonderful. I liked so much about this chapter.

I love Elizabeth's humorous and delightful descriptions.
She is the kind of writer, I like to read; easy, funny, blunt and revealing.

She described pizza in Naples perfectly. (We have a place here in Madison called
pizza brutta and I tell you....it is exactly like the pizza E. describes in Naples.)

She also describes the town and it's people with great, funny strokes.

I want to go to every place she mentions and I want to meet the people she meets.

I like her openness and her dramatic personality.

She loves Italy and learning Italian and I found this charming.

I wish she would go to Greece and Denmark because I would love to hear her describe those places for me :o)

(Nancy B. You have to read this part of the book. I am getting it for you as a belated b-day present :o/ )


*******


4/365

Emma and I watched Food Inc. the other day.

My husband says I should not watch those kinds of shows. He's right. I'm very impressionable.


***

Here are the movies I have watched in the last month that have not made me yell at the screen.

The Blind Side. Really liked it. Loving.
It's Complicated. Funny yet just a bit off. Not brilliant.
Everybody's Fine. Slow and sad yet interesting.
Julie and Julia. A perfect movie
Up. Love the emotion, hated the action at the end.
Have you heard about the Morgans? Liked this very much. Almost better than It's Complicated.
Inglourious Basterds. Fantastic! Ridiculously violent.
Sydney White. Cute. Amanda Bynes.
How to Marry a Millionaire. Must see.
Ice Castles. Good.
Food Inc. Icky. Maddening.


My top two movies of the year would be Julie and Julia and Inglourious Basterds.

Isn't that weird?


What were your favorite movies this year?
The Golden Globes are coming soon!


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.