Thursday, February 18, 2010

I love birds. Really, really love them.

I love spotting them and keeping track of the birds I have seen.
Their pretty voices lighten my heart like no other sound in nature.
How I love listening to them call back and forth to one another.

In the last two weeks the cardinals have returned. In a tree in our back yard, I could see at least ten
chubby cardinals gathering....to make their plans or gossip about the crows.

This morning as I got out of the car, I heard the distinct call of the cardinal.
I scanned the tops of the trees. (Seems cardinals like to sit up top)
And there, two houses down, in a tall corner tree, sang a cardinal as red as a drop of blood.
I listened and heard the reply in the distance.

I smiled like a goon standing in my driveway because of the cardinals;
colorful, delicate, ingenious, melodious.


I am filled with wonder and joy.



My favorite weather is bird-chirping weather. ~Loire Hartwould



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.