Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Tomatoes.


DSC_5088


I hope this doesn't gross anyone out or start any picketing....

But I went all rogue and put tomatoes on my grilled cheese sandwich.

It was the most delicious grilled cheese sandwich I have ever eaten.
I don't usually eat grilled cheese. Can't remember my last one.

But all the ingredients were whole foods and my grandmother would recognize every one....
and the idea just came to me.

Years ago I read the most wonderfully written cookbook by Pat Conroy. He talks about a macaroni and cheese dish that has sliced tomatoes on top. I don't eat much macaroni and cheese, but this idea stayed with me.
Cheese and tomatoes. Do they go together?
Do they?


Why yes. They do.

Very well.




DSC_5090

Do you like my Tupperware plate?
The food does not slide off of this kind of Tupperware plate.

Oh my goodness. You have to try this!



Here is Michael Pollen.
His food rules make sense to me.




I am especially fond of...
if your grandmother wouldn't recognize it, don't eat it.


Eat well and encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.