Friday, June 11, 2010

First of all,
I really want to thank you all for joining in the fun yesterday in the comment box!

One of my favorite's in a long time.

If you would like to share one of those recipes (and I have nudged a few of you already)
please feel free to send them to me by email and I will post them on the blog for all the world to see.

If it is not too complicated, I will even try to make them throughout the summer.


Sandy sent the link to one of her favorites yesterday.
Sandy and I both have recipe blogs along with our regular blogs.
We keep them mainly for ourselves and anyone else who may be slightly interested.

BLT Salad
This is our favorite new salad. Terry loves it!

4 cups mixed spring greens, or other lettuce you like
1 medium tomato, chopped
4 slices bacon, diced and fried crisp
1/2 cup diced cheddar cheese
1/2 cup croutons
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1-2 Tablespoons sugar (I cut it back to 2 teaspoons)
2 teaspoons cider vinegar (I used rice vinegar)
salt and pepper to taste

Mix greens, tomato, and cheese in large serving bowl. Mix mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper together in a small mixing bowl. Add to salad and mix well. Top with bacon and croutons.

Serves 4

From May/June 2005 Quick Cooking



Sandy's blog

You will find her recipes on the sidebar under 'Favorite Recipes'.

My recipes are on my sidebar under 'Recipes I have known and loved"
(I started jotting down my recipes in 2004, Sandy in 2005. We were food
bloggers before it was cool :o) Quiet food bloggers. That's us.






DSC_9299-2


Emma bought her first car this week.

I'm so proud of her. She is a very responsible girl.
She also prays for 90% of her college by herself.
(oops....she prays for 90%. That's a funny slip. But it's true too :o)
She pays for 90%)
We are all trying very hard not to have college loans.
We have seen those be a burden for so many.

It's hard work on her part, but deep down we hope the financial lessons
she is learning now will benefit her in the future.


Safe travels in your little Kia, sweetie.



DSC_9308-3

I got a new wide angle lens yesterday.

This picture was not taken with it.

It was dark and rainy when my lens arrived,
I tried to take a few pictures with it and was not impressed with the light...
I'll work on that this weekend!



If you would like to share one of your top ten recipe's with the group.
Send it to me @

booshay6@charter.net

Just a regular email. No pdf. I can't copy and paste a pdf.


Thanks!!!


Is it Friday already?


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.