Tuesday, June 08, 2010

The movies I have seen lately and haven't told you about....seeing them.


Leap Year.

This movie had everything going for it.

I love Amy Adams. I love the idea of a little road trip to declare one's love.
I love finding love along the way.

I don't care if I could have predicted every single scene.
I don't mind predictability if the dialog is witty and the chemistry is right.

But something was off....and I think it was the writing....the pacing....
no it was the writing....

Cause Amy and Matthew Goode had chemistry. They were great kissers.
Some of the best kissing I have seen on screen.

Most of the time I want to look away at the kissing....it's just not
very appealing.

But I liked the kissing. I rewound and watched it again.

Sweet.

But they did not kiss enough for me to say go out and see this movie.

So thanks to youtube....
you can just watch the kiss.

As many times as you like.




There you go.



****

We also watched Crazy Heart.


If you have seen the trailer, you have seen the movie.
Even the very very ending (which was a total surprise to me)

So stay away from the trailer if you want to have just a little surprise when you watch Crazy Heart.
The ending made the movie for me.

Bad is a used up, alcoholic, country singer playing in bowling alleys.
Strange thing about it...all the ladies still want him.

Very strange.

I guess all ya need is a guitar and the ladies flock to you.

You may stink, be drunk and old and passing out....

But the ladies will love ya apparently.

" I wanna talk about how bad you make this room look. I never knew what a dump it was until you came in here. "
Bad Blake



(Girls, beware of stinky men with guitars. They are up to no good.)

Anyway.

Bad is a rough guy with a rough life singing rough country songs.

If that's your cup of tea. You're gonna love this movie.





Perhaps it was his hair.
His hair and his guitar.

Worked for the Beatles.


(I actually really like Jeff Bridges. Seems to be a stand up, family man in real life.
Congrats on winning the Best Actor Oscar this year!)



*****

Have you seen either of those movies?
What did you think about them?

Emma just saw Ironman 2 and liked it very much.

Anyone see Shrek 3 yet?
Sex and the City?

Anything out there worth the price to theater admission?



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.