Tuesday, January 04, 2011

I don't believe in luck,
but for some reason I fell for some Black Eyed Peas for New Years Day....


DSC_3094


I like traditions.
I like to try new things.
These looked rather healthy to me.
Except for the salt pork.

But homemade is good.
Always good.

So I gave it a whirl.

I soaked beans for perhaps the second time in my life.

Then on New Years day I chopped and cooked and ate some black eyed peas.


DSC_3220


Look at that fancy bowl!


I followed the recipe and added chopped red onion and red vinegar to my bowl. It was weird. But I was game.

And I really did like the flavor better with the vinegar and onion.

Weird. Relatively healthy. Pretty good.

Will I make them next year on New Years Day?

Perhaps I will wait and see how this year goes.




*****

I wanted to share a something I read the other night.

It is written by Peter Kreeft from a book called Catholic Christianity.

The Spirit and the saints

Saints are wild. Saints risk everything on God. Saints are lovers; in love with God (and therefore with God's children), on fire with God's fire. That fire is the Holy Spirit.

The meaning of life is to be a saint. "There is only one tragedy, in the end: not to have been a saint." (Leon Bloy)


Sainthood is the culmination of God's work in us, the final end of our lives. And this end-sanctification, saint-making-is especially the work of the Holy Spirit. The Father made this end possible by creating us, and the Son made it possible by redeeming us, and now the Spirit makes actual what the other two Persons made possible.



20080821_6647




"There is only one tragedy, in the end: not to have been a saint."



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.