Friday, February 25, 2011

American Idol, the Oscars and Actions.


Katie is home from school today. It's a scheduled day off. Not sure what.
That's okay. I like it when we don't have to go anywhere first thing in the morning although my stomach is growling
because it's used to having it's chai by now.

When will Starbucks deliver? That is the question!

Gas is going up, up, up so I imagine that is not in the plans.

Bummer.

Sticking with the theme...bummer....
This week on American Idol has been one disappointment after another.
The top 24; not my best. My favorites fell often and hard.
I couldn't fast forward thru the show, fast enough.

(Also, I fast forwarded thru almost all the Beatle songs the other night. They just made me cringe.
So karaoke. So bad. So painful.)


I have to admit that I adore the new judges.

I never would have guessed it. I thought Jennifer and Steven were the worst choices in the world...but
they are fantastic. Steven sings along and has a big heart and a wild personality.
Jennifer is kind and beautiful. I know that is weird to say she is beautiful but every time the camera is on her....she is
absolutely beautiful.
Randy is Randy, dog.

I do not miss Simon or the other people.
I do not like that it is on Wed and Thurs.

Television programmers just like to mess with us, don't they?


****

The Academy Awards are on Sunday!!! So excited.
The hosts are odd. Anne Hathaway and James Franco.
But since I happen to be wrong in all my casting opinions lately, I will wait and see how that goes.
The commercials have been kind of funny.

I have not seen many of the movies.
I intend to see The King's Speech soon...maybe before Sunday. And I'd like to see The Fighter too.

Black Swan,
The Fighter,
Inception,
The Kids Are All Right,
The King's Speech,
127 Hours,
The Social Network,
Toy Story 3,
True Grit,
Winter's Bone

I have seen The Kids are All Right and Toy Story 3 and The Social Network.

You aren't going to believe this...but I thought Toy Story 3 was too suspenseful and I didn't like the mean bear and creepy baby doll.
Emma and Katie and I all preferred Despicable Me.

It is not nominated.

And so it goes.


But you know I am in it for the fashion. It's my fashion super bowl.
Big. Night.


****

I was sent a set of actions from Jodi @ MCP actions...and I will talk more about them next week....
BUT

I loaded them into my actions palette this morning just to give them a quick try.

And I love them.

Here are two quick shots I edited this morning.

DSC_4328-6charming


This one is called Charming.


DSC_4280reminisce


And this one.....is called Reminisce.

I will be using this one a lot.

Man. I like that.



****

Off to plan the day with Katie. I think we will go out to lunch (at a place my husband doesn't like)
and to a movie. She has her eye on Gnomeo and Juliet. (ugh) All the movies I want to see are too mature
for her.
The sun is shining...I think I will have to pick out a different hat for Katie and go take some pictures.



All the windows of my heart I open to the day. ~John Greenleaf Whittier




Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.