Tuesday, March 29, 2011

As the last day of March draws near,
I thought it was the perfect time to share this poem.

NOT.

The perfect time would have been the day after it snowed in March, but
I just heard this poem last night for the first time. Katie is learning it for her class.
She recited the first stanza to me.

I loved it right away.

Lament

How thoughtless of March
To have brought us more snow.
We distinctly asked for the sun.
And the wind! How rude
Of those gales to intrude
Who requested the wind? No one.

Now, did anyone sigh
For this dreary gray sky?
Or implore the snow to remain?
Who ordered the border of puddles
And mud,
And this dismalish drizzle of rain?

Have you heard from April?
From flower or bird?
Is she coming at all?
Has anyone heard?

News. Send us news.
From petal or wing.
Where in the Universe,
Where is Spring?

~Claire Boiko



*****


It is in our most unguarded moments that we truly show who we are and what we are made of.

~Andrew Murray


And how we look.
~me


DSC_7992-5



****

DSC_8182-4


I took this horribly exposed picture.
Then I edited it to try to hide the bad photography.

The point is that Matthew and Emma have hair about the same length.
Matthew had a crew cut for most of his life and then he decided he didn't like going to the barber.
I think it makes him uncomfortable.

And so.

He is being uncharacteristically cheesy in this shot.
Actin' like a model. So not him.
You can see what Emma thinks of this.



******


DSC_7834-5cr


Melinda calls him Buddy.
The waiter called him Princess.

I call him honey.




Encourage one another,
Donna



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.