Monday, March 21, 2011

I have been sitting here and googling and trying to write something...
not depressing.

I have been trying to pick out pictures to show you and quotes to share.

Just now I looked back to March 21, 2004.

Here is what I found.



Rejoicing in Your Work

O Lord, renew our spirits and draw our hearts unto Yourself,
that our work may not be to us a burden but a delight;
and give us such a mighty love to You as may sweeten our obedience.
O let us not serve You with the spirit of bondage as slaves,
but with cheerfulness and gladness, delighting in You and rejoicing in Your work.
-Benjamin Jenks




That's a good one. I'm all for cheerfulness, gladness and delighting in the Lord.


I am feeling overwhelmed by the despair and war and scary things going on in our world.
I feel helpless and don't know what to do.


Let nothing disturb thee,
Nothing affright thee;
All things are passing;
God never changeth;
Patient endurance
Attaineth to all things;
Who God possesseth
In nothing is wanting;
Alone God sufficeth.
-St. Theresa of Avila



These old words always help.


**

Emma is home and is now awake and making noise in the kitchen.
We will have a great time together.

I think we will talk about how crazy life is....
How wonderful and awful and lovely and scary life is. It just makes my head spin.

Emma is a solid soul. With her, it is always good to talk. :o)


Thank you
Thank you
Thank you


Encourage one another,
Donna

DSC_3017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.