Monday, March 07, 2011

DSC_6839

What are you called to do?
Usually what is right in front of you.

If you are a mom, you are called love those children and shepherd them with all of your might and love your husband.
If you are a student, you are called to do your best.
If someone you love is sick, you know what to do. You care for them.

Sometimes our circumstances are unbearable. We are in pain.
There is no light, nor are there any fruits of the spirit.

You may cry out, "This is too hard. I don't want to go on."

And I will share what a wise woman shared with me 13 years ago.

"You are not called to die. You are called to learn God's truth and pass it on."


Your calling most likely is not on an official mission field....

you are a mother,
you are a teacher,
you are a helper,
you are a friend.

That is your mission field.

This blog is my mission field.
Today.

When I had a house full of young children,
that was certainly my calling then. I did not have time for mission work
outside the home.


But now. It's more this place.

I love it just the way it is.
I can't believe I ever wanted it to be different.



It became clear to me as I read this Saturday night,

Joy comes from seeing the complete fulfillment of the specific purpose for which I was created
and born again, not from successfully doing something of my own choosing. The joy our Lord experienced came from doing what the Father sent Him to do.

We each have to find a niche in life, and spiritually we find it when we receive a ministry from the Lord. To do this we must have close fellowship with Jesus and must know Him as more than our personal Savior.

"Do you love Me?" Then, "Feed My sheep" (John 21:17)

The call is to be faithful to the ministry you received when you were in true fellowship with Him.

...you must be sensitive to what God has called you to do,
and this may sometimes require ignoring demands for service in other areas.

March 5
My Utmost for His Highest
Oswald Chambers




I know I have a lot of fulfilling to do. I do not believe I have arrived.
I have joy in my heart and I'm pretty sure that means I am on the right path.

I feel so sure that I was created to love others.

Perhaps it becomes clearer when I realize how miserable I am when I love myself most.

Isn't it funny how that works?



Encourage one another,
Donna

P.S.
Please don't think I am down. I shared that bit about 13 years ago because if
it helped me to hear it....I just want to pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.