Monday, June 06, 2011

Technology has passed blogger/blogging by.

I want to share a story I watched on CBS Sunday morning. I want to put the video right here on the blog like
I often do.

It's a wonderful, wonderful story.
I don't want you to have to follow a link over to CBS to watch and and then hope you will come back to tell me what you thought,
and how much you loved it.

In the past, it was easy to click on embed or share and then I could place the video right here on the blog.

But CBS must think blogs are not a big enough force to include us anymore.

There is a handy dandy link to Facebook and a nice little link right to Twitter.

Under the Share button you will find ways to link to:

Twitter, Lindedin, Digg, Reddit, Google Bookmarks, Newsvine, Yahoo bookmarks, Mixx,
Del.icio.us, Facebook and Stumbleupon.


No blogspot, No wordpress, no embed with html code.

I'm not mad. I'm just frustrated I can't write what I wanted to write this morning, the way I want to write it.
I am spending over an hour trying to embed a story because it is worthy of sharing with you all.

You would love this story.


Are there that many more people using Mixx (something I have never even heard of) than people who are using blogspot and wordpress?

I don't want to add this story to my facebook feed or my twitter feed.
I want to share it with you.

Bummer.

I have written CBS and wonder if they will respond.
I'll let you know.

By the way,
Katie got a brand new pair of black sparkly Tom's.

Tom's came thru.


But go and watch the story anyway...over at CBS's website.
I will not be petty and not tell you.
I will take the chance that you will go away and not come back because
this story will make you happy. I know it will.



DSC_1723-5




After watching this sweet story, I wiped away my tears and turned to Katie and said,


"Do you want to do that?"

She said, "I don't want to do it THAT long."


That child is way too honest. She regularly bursts my bubbles.





Hooray for Susan....and for YouTube!!!!



A Father's Gift of Reading




Trying to encourage you since 2004 ;o)
Donna the dinosaur blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.