Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Marysa and Kurt gave a bottle of wine as a gift to all of the
families who came to the rehearsal dinner.

Imagine my delight when I saw the label....

DSC_6302


and that's all for now....
pick up at camp this morning.


ttfn,
donna


Hi! I'm back.

The girls had so much fun! What did they do at camp? mostly, sing and swim and play wild group games.
Katie is tired and her ear feels great.


I have a dinner idea to pass on to you. It is the easiest thing to make and it is a perfect summer dinner.

Grilled lemon pepper chicken and corn on the cob.







All I did was rub butter on the chicken, generously sprinkle lemon pepper on the chicken and place it on the hot grill.
For an average piece of chicken I cook for 7 min a side. When I turn the chicken over I put more butter and lemon pepper on the chicken. Chicken must be cooked well and I usually have to slice it open to see if I have waited long enough.

I don't put anything in my water when I boil my corn. Just boil. Turn the heat down and fish it out when you are ready.
Corn just needs to be heated thru. Then I use butter and salt.

For me, this is all I need.

My husband had cottage cheese with his meat and corn. I had cottage cheese and tomatoes for lunch so I skipped it at dinner.

We both thought this was a perfect meal. (Patrick's chicken only had butter and salt...lemon pepper is not his thing)
You don't have to knock yourself out to knock a meal out of the ballpark.

If I was really clever I would cook a few extra chicken breasts so I could use them in a salad.
One of these days I will get it all together but
don't hold your breath...I'm a late bloomer.


Happy summer eating!

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.