Thursday, August 04, 2011

That Seventies Salad


DSC_6693

aka Seven Layer Salad :o)


This is how I make it...

Layer in this order

Sliced lettuce. I know that's weird. But I like cutting lettuce with a knife.
Mild onion
celery
frozen peas
Hellman's Mayonaise
sugar
parmesan cheese
cheddar cheese

I don't like green peppers and was tired of bacon....eating it AND cooking it after making the carbonara the other night...

So that's it. I have made this salad for some family dinners and everyone loved it!
I was kind of shocked. But happy.

I'm bringing back the Seven Layer Salad. Like it or not!


DSC_6707-6


Meet Kathyb's lovely daughter Allison. I made her model this ruffly scarf for me! I have eyed this pattern numerous times and finally yesterday I bought it. Wait until you see the yarn I bought. I think it's going to be gorgeous.
(By the way, Al looks way to beautiful to have worked all night and jumped in the car with her mom!! Thank you both so much for coming and for being my real life friends :o)

This pattern has an unbelieveable number of stitches to cast on....

Care to guess?


Now Katie and I are off to Chicago...again!

Emma and I are taking a photography workshop tonight and then coming right home.
Looking forward to a wonderful and full day!


"Fairest of the months!
Ripe summer's queen
The hey-day of the year
With robes that gleam with sunny sheen
Sweet August doth appear."
- R. Combe Miller



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.