Monday, December 12, 2011

Going my way....






First off, everything looks so much tastier in pictures, don't you think? Especially things like this...but the recipe looked uncomplicated to me and I could purchase all the ingredients at Target...so it fit my criteria.

The Easy Cook was going to try something new.


Here is the recipe for White Chicken Enchiladas.
(If you follow the link under the picture it will take you to the original recipe.
I altered it a teeny bit because Katie does not like chunks of green things in her food. The original uses 10 soft taco and a bigger pan, too.)

Chicken enchiladas with green chili sour cream sauce

5 soft taco shells
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 jar Trader Joe's Salsa Verde

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 9 in pan
2. Pick up tortilla. Place chicken and cheese in the tortilla. Add Salsa Verde to some of them. Roll the tortillas and place in pan, seam side down.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Turn off burner.
4. Stir in sour cream and some salt. Don't turn on burner. Just stir.
5. Pour over enchiladas and put some of that yummy salsa verde on the enchiladas that will be for the people who will eat green things. I also sprinkled pepper on the three enchiladas that were ear marked for me. This way I would know which ones had salsa verda touching them. Top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.


This is the best new recipe I have tried in a very long time. It really is delicious!!
The sauce is flavorful, the salsa verde from TJ's is great and mild enough for me.
Katie like it. I loved it.

In fact, I might have to have an enchilada for breakfast!!

Winner. Winner. Chicken, Dinner!!!

As you can imagine from the foods here...this was not spicy. Do not expect spicy.

Just expect delicious!


****

I have to rave about my Christmas cards!

Mpix knocked it out of the park on all fronts.

On a scale of 1 to 10.... Mpix gets a ten.

1. Price was a 10
2. Color was a 10
3. From order to delivery. A big fat 10.
(I got my cards in just over 48 hours of ordering them.)
4. Cuteness. 10

Mpix does not give me anything for praising them. I just want you guys to know a really good place to get your cards and pictures.

DSC_4490


****

And yes. We got our tree yesterday! It was warm and sunny out...there were no lines, we found a tree we loved right away.

katie tree


It is a very lovable and fragrant Frasier.

***

And the Packers won again.


***

Yesterday was just about...too good to be true.

Ho Ho Ho!!!


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.