Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day-Time Moon

In the morning
When the sun
Is shining down
On every one,
It's very strange
To see the moon,
Large and like
A pale balloon,
Drifting over
Roof and tree
Without one star
For company...


-Dorothy Aldis


I made Katie learn this on the way to school.
I can not see a daytime moon without reciting this darling poem and for the life of me ( and my lenses) I can not take a picture of it.

So the beauty will be in my imagination and these words.



From our friend John.



January
by John Updike

The days are short,
The sun a spark
Hung thin between
The dark and dark.
Fat snowy footsteps
Track the floor,
And parkas pile up
Near the door.
The river is
A frozen place
Held still beneath
The trees' black lace.
The sky is low.
The wind is gray.
The radiator
Purrs all day




Why do I want to say Amen after reading that?


***

Many of you saw this picture on Facebook yesterday.
But my brothers-in-law, I'm afraid missed it....
and they happen to be keeping count....

In which Ginny learns to fly.

DSC_5943-7


Mary says, 'Of course she can fly, she's magical Ginny Potter.'


Joy in the simple things.


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.