Thursday, March 01, 2012

Flowers



Last night, around 6:00, Katie and I ran into Target to get some strawberry jelly.
Not strawberry preserves. Not strawberry jam.
strawberry jelly.
It was the one thing.

But I knew there were flowers and my assignment for the day was flowers.

So I stood near the produce in the harsh light and examined the bouquets of roses and whatnots and looked at them thru my iphone screen.

I have this great ability to NOT see anyone when I am taking pictures. I know I will get robbed one day because I am so clueless to my surroundings.

Beautiful things will not elude me tho.

I shot the first picture and edited it quickly while standing in the aisle.
Instagram has an editor right in the camera so you can pick out what looks best.
But the screen is very small and you really don't have much control.


I wasn't sure if I wanted this to be my final choice.

So I tried another.


Flowers


Neither are perfect.
But both are beautiful in their own way.

Beautiful phone pictures.

I love it.


You can take no credit for beauty at sixteen. But if you are beautiful at sixty, it will be your soul's own doing.
~Marie Stopes


Beauty isn't worth thinking about; what's important is your mind. You don't want a fifty-dollar haircut on a fifty-cent head. ~Garrison Keillor

haha oh garrison. you are funny.



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.