Thursday, May 17, 2012


A few weeks ago I saw a picture on Pinterest that linked to a page teaching how to make your heels super soft.  My feet get very beat up and calloused because I am always bare foot or in flip flops.It was a simple solution.  Soak your feet in Epsom Salts and then with a toothbrush scrub-a-dub-dub.
My father used to soak his feet in Epsom salt.  This sounds familiar to me.
So I googled to see if Sea Salt and Epsom Salt were the same thing.
They are not.
Emma happened to be home so I asked her to pick up some Epsom salt for me.

A few nights later I decided to give it a try.

Patrick was off at a Brewers game and Katie and I were just watching TV.
Katie very kindly asked if I would like her to do the scrubbing.
Of course.  That's fantastic!
I sent her in the bathroom to get an old toothbrush.
She found one and said, no one uses this one.
I had never even seen this toothbrush before.

Katie scrubbed and scrubbed for about 20 minutes.
I could see some improvement but then realized, this procedure is meant to be done five days in a row.
Ah. That's why one time was not a noticeable success.

When Katie was done, I rinsed the bowl and set the toothbrush with it so it could be used again for my feet.

Patrick didn't get home until about 1:00 am from the game that night.
For once, I was awake before him the following morning.

I was puttering around on the ipad when Patrick called from the bathroom,
"Where is my toothbrush?"

Uh oh.  "Do you use a PINK toothbrush?"

"Yes."

"Oh no!  We used it to scrub my feet last night."



Of all the tooth brushes in all the gin joints in town....
I had to use that one.

DSC_0582


Katie and I never laughed so hard.
~Donna