Monday, September 24, 2012

Emmy Unfashion Awards and the inspiring Jill Briscoe

I was so looking forward to showing you dresses of pretty dresses and telling you all about the good parts of the 2012 Emmy awards.

But there were....um...none.

The best part of the show was the very short but very sweet mention of Andy Griffith by Ron Howard.

Downton Abbey won just one award.  Dame Maggie Smith.

To think it was exactly one year ago that I first heard of Downton Abbey.  I saw the show win numerous awards on the Emmy and I wondered, 'what is that?'  So I bought the series and watched the whole first year in one day, or two.  Then January came and I was able to watch season two with the rest of the US.
This year Downton was passed over for shows I have not heard of, but do not appeal to me AT ALL.
And actors from those shows that do not appeal to me.

I felt old last night.  I felt like our grandparents must feel when the young bucks have taken over the telly and we are left with Lawrence Welk and Willard Scott.
But in my case it's Downton Abbey and Kelly Ripa.

No one seemed to get it right in the fashion dept.
I really could do a who wore the worst this year.  But I don't want to.

Three dresses caught my eye.



Giuliana Rancic is a hostess.  She looked better than most of the actresses.  Sorry.
She and Bill have the sweetest reality show on television.





I don't know this girl.  I like this but I don't love it.




This is Leslie Mann.  I chose her last year.  I do love this.  But guess where I found it?
On the wrost dressed list.  Ah well.

This is just my humble opinion.

That's what blogs are for :o)

***

Going to see Jill Briscoe speak on Saturday was the best thing I have done for myself in a long, long time.  Jill's words inspired me and filled me up with good, pure, right thoughts about Christ.



Here is the talk she gave at Founders Week last Feb in Chicago.
It is very long but if you need some spiritual encouragement,
take a listen.





Love to all.
Encourage one another,
Donna