Monday, September 17, 2012

Fall Poem Love

DSC_4645



SOMETHING TOLD THE WILD GEESE

By Rachel Field



Something told the wild geese
It was time to go,
Though the fields lay golden
Something whispered, "snow."


Leaves were green and stirring,
Berries, luster-glossed,
But beneath warm feathers
Something cautioned, "frost."


All the sagging orchards
Steamed with amber spice,
But each wild breast stiffened
At remembered ice.


Something told the wild geese
It was time to fly,
Summer sun was on their wings,
Winter in their cry.


DSC_4649


To me, that final stanza of Something told the Wild Geese is so perfect.  
I can't explain how it makes me feel to read words that perfectly chosen.
It's heavenly.

DSC_4672-4cc

Katie has gone away on a school bus to a full week of camp.  It's called Nature's Classroom.
I miss her like crazy already.  I know she will have a wonderful time.  I am not worried about her at all.  My husband said, you get a vacation.  I said, I don't want a vacation.

And that's the truth.


Encourage one another,
Donna