Wednesday, September 05, 2012

katie

Which one do you like better?

DSC_6183-33

I did this two years ago and spotted it the other day.
And since it is September I decided to share it.

That font is Carrotflower by Tart Studio fonts.
She has a few more fonts I love.  The girl who designed this font, designed my logo.

The pictures were taken on Matthew and Melinda's deck, right after Asher was born.
Can you tell by the bokeh?


Katie is home sick today.  Yesterday she had her sports physical and I decided that it was time to get the Chicken Pox vaccine.  Along with that she got four other vaccines.

So this morning at six o'clock she woke me to say, "I didn't sleep much last night.  My arms and ribs are sore." I touched her head and she was very hot.

I'm not sure if it is from the vaccines or if she caught Asher's fever from the weekend.

So Katie is home resting on the couch.
Not a good way to start the school year.


I made meatloaf for dinner last night.
It was good.

I'm going to put an English roast in the crock pot in a minute.
That will take care of dinner tonight.
Patrick will have that with cottage cheese and milk and toast.

I will have some sliced heirloom tomatoes with my lunch and dinner.
I bought some fresh basil and soft mozzarella at the store yesterday.
That soft mozzarella is very nice compared to the chewy stuff I have eaten all my life.

My cherry tomatoes plant is heavy with fruit and is tipping over.
A cardinal keeps coming to eat the tomatoes.
Did you know cardinals like tomatoes?

I didn't.

Another thing I didn't know was that self rising flour is not a good thing to use if you are making cookie dough to eat.

I used some the other day and my dough was so salty I had to throw it away.

So that's what's happening around here. I'm doing laundry and cooking and driving and picking tomatoes and chasing after Ginny and learning how to do a stem graph and watching over a sick little girl.

It's a quiet life.
But I like it.



Encourage one another,
Donna