Monday, April 06, 2015

learning

Traditional Easter photo. 😉

We had such a nice time together.
I hope you had a joyous weekend!


Easiest way to make bacon.  1. Line cookie sheet with edges with foil 2. Place bacon on foil/cookie sheet 3.put in 400° oven for 10-12 minutes.   That's it!  Why did it take so long for me to learn this method!? Bacon frying was such an unpleasant task. T


1. Line a cookie sheet with edges with foil
2. Place bacon on foil/cookie sheet
3. Then put it in a 400° oven for 10-12 minutes.  

Why did it take so long for me to learn this method!?
Bacon frying was such an unpleasant task before but now it's
super easy.

When I first tried this method I used a fancy cookie sheet (Expensive and thick)
it just did not cook properly.  A thin cookie sheet works best.
If you use thick bacon, you will need to cook the bacon for about 16 minutes.
Just keep an eye one it.


And that's what I have been learning.

:o)

Donna








13 comments:

  1. Fireman taught me the oven method. It is great huh? I love bacon.....mmmm, bacon...mmmm bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bacon, bacon, bacon.....
    isn't baking just the best?!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Matthew makes it this way and I tried unsuccessfully for over a year.

    It was the pan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this on Pinterest, but have never tried it. Maybe it's time to put BLTs on the menu and try it this week!

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at bacon (-:

    Always learning...that's my motto!

    Happy Monday all,
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If God invented anything better than bacon (or strawberry shortcake) He kept it for Himself!! I have been doing bacon this way for quite awhile ... but I just learned ... sprinkle a LITTLE amount of brown sugar over it before putting into the oven to cook .... Oh. My. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my hubby dearly, but sometimes it's tough to be married to a vegetarian! MMmm bacon!

    Oh well, bacon here is salty; it's difficult to find American style. I love to indulge when I am home for a visit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you had a wonderful Easter with the girls. Whenever I make bacon in the frying pan I set off all of the alarms in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ina makes bacon in the oven and it works great...but you put the bacon on a little cooling rack set onto the cookie sheet and bake it that way. Cleaning the rack is such a mess that I gave it up! Your foil method solves my clean up problem. Will have to try it out! We go through about a package and a half a week at my house -- hubs and the kiddos love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:19 PM

    I'm going to try this, Donna. Genius!

    Debbie Z.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A few thoughts:
    -I'm craving bacon.
    -Your girls are gorgeous.
    -The painting of the apostles made me cry.


    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous3:25 PM

    Such a good idea on the bacon, thanks!
    Thought of you when I read in my Bible Promises devotion today: "Paul wrote that God's people need to care about each other. Many times compassion is the key--we need to encourage the timid and take care of the weak." Your encouragement is right on target! love and prayers, jep

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.