Monday, May 04, 2015

A name fit for a Princess/Confirmation

Princess Charlotte of Cambridge  #diana #sniff

Thanks to my crack team of reporters I received the exciting news of the royal baby's name
while on my Target/school run.  Thank you Janet and Kathyb.
I admit I shed a tear.

Charlotte is the feminine/Fr. form of Charles.
And you know about Elizabeth and Diana.

So happy for them.
They have gone where it will be nice and quiet.
I don't suppose we will see Princess Charlotte until her christening.

Best wishes to the growing family!

UPDATE:
April 20th I asked the Quiet Life readers what they thought the name of the Royal baby would be.
Here is the response by Susan May;



Way to go Susan!





****


My little princess was confirmed yesterday afternoon.



Katie's wonderful Aunt and Sponsor. Susan is the most loving person! We are all lucky to have her in our lives. #confirmation


Katie's wonderful Aunt and Sponsor.  Susan is a truly loving person and we are all lucky to have her in our lives!  The sponsors work very hard and spend a lot of time with their 'students'.
We are very thankful for her!


It was a very special service and day!



“We can study the whole history of salvation, we can study the whole of Theology, but without the Spirit we cannot understand. It is the Spirit that makes us realize the truth or – in the words of Our Lord – it is the Spirit that makes us know the voice of Jesus.”


— Pope Francis

 “It is better to be a child of God than king of the whole world.”
— St. Aloysius Gonzaga

(That one just fit the day, didn't it.  :o) 


Encourage one another,
Donna

14 comments:

  1. Yay for a new princess! As I read her long name with all the favorite name picks combined, I couldn't help but wonder if this is the last of their children? I mean, how can you top that royal name if another daughter is born to them in the future? (and I'm quite certain you have a royal response for me on that question, Donna, since I don't follow the details like you do!)

    And yay for Katie's confirmation! May she continue to grow her faith and love for the Lord in the days ahead.

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:07 PM

    So happy for Katie on her confirmation. I echo Tammy above, may she continue to grow in her faith and love the Lord with all her heart, soul, and mind. Your mother's heart must be so happy. And the royal baby name..I love it. Yay to Susan for a perfect guess!

    Debbie Z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Katie!

    I hadn't thought of the Charles/Charlotte connection. It made me think of the former Princess Charlotte, George IV's only legitimate heir. --Missy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoot! What a lucky guess!! Sweet baby girl with a lovely name.

    God bless Katie and guide her thru life. !!

    [LOVE the quote]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look at you! Right on the money. Great guess. Royal minds think alike? ;)

      Delete
  5. Anonymous2:47 PM

    It is a lovely name and a tribute to Prince Charles, Queen Elizabeth and Princess (she will always be Lady & Princess to me) Diana. Thank you Donna for the news about the name!
    And, praying God's blessings on Katie now and forever. What a sweet Aunt and Sponsor your Susan is...maybe only lovely and kind women can have that name. ;-)
    love and prayers, jep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. {{{Blush}}} shucks, danke jep xxx

      Delete
  6. and what NAME did your child take for her Confirmation?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to Katie.
    I adore the princess's name! I think I said this last time, but my name is Charlotte Renee so I'm partial to it. ;) With Elizabeth and Diana added to it? Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The picture of the confirmand and her sponsor in the lovely sunlight looks like the Holy Spirit could be shining on them. :)

    It's so cool that Susan guessed the exact name for the new little princess - and such a beautiful name it is, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! I cannot believe someone guessed it correctly. You have such intelligent, well versed readers Donna! :) Very fun. I hadn't thought about the Charles-Charlotte connection. I saw a photo on FB and wanted to attach it to my comment here but can't -- so will just tell you about it. :) Someone spliced a photo of Diana and Queen Mum smiling and looking down at the top of the image and Kate and Will and the new baby photo is at the bottom and they are looking at something (but up at Diana in the photo). It was very sweet. Oh, the internet makes anything possible, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty name! Congrats to Katie on her confirmation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty name! Congrats to Katie on her confirmation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vraiment ah pauvres, la maison pour le reste d'une fille de quatre ans, Louboutin soldes en ligne comment peut Louboutin soldes en ligne dans les prochains jours à mourir. Louboutin soldes en ligne La vieille dame soupira, http://www.escarpinslouboutinpaschers.fr secoua la tête et dit ceci est notre rue Liang, sa Louboutin soldes en ligne femme est gravement malade, hospitalisé le pas de l'argent emprunté à des usuriers. L'argent a Louboutin Pas Cher manqué, sa femme mourut aussi, aujourd'hui, pour faire de l'argent, et il où les ah argent.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.