Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Out of retirement...so soon??

Happy Wednesday!


So....I have a new job.

The news of my retirement was greatly exaggerated.

I am now an Educational Assistant at the very same school
I will work 20 hours a week.
I do not start until 9:30am.
This is heavenly.

I do stand 85% of the time. Seventy-five percent of it outside.
So.
I have rosy cheeks and sore knees.

I know the fresh air and physical activity is very good for me....
I am thankful for that.

My quest now is to find a hat that I will wear in public.

I'll let you know what I come up with.

****

One year ago today Emma and I went to New York.
It was such a tremendous trip!

Katie's best friend won a trip to New York for two.
She invited Katie.
We said yes.
Then .....  we found out that Leonie's guest had to be 18.
Sad day.  Very sad day.
Leonie left yesterday with her mom.

(Apparently Leonie enters a lot of contests.  And what a neat trip to win!)




Washington Square Park is next door to NYU.
Photographic Impressionism



We loved 30 Rock




Take me back.








I am the luckiest.


Hey. Emma has a puppy!  She was allowed to get one in her apartment...because they like her...and the pup is smallish.

Pictures to come soon.

Lots of love.
Donna Elsie

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:33 PM

    the photo of you in front of the window might be one of my faves of you of ever ever ever ever. And i've been looking at pictures of you for a long time! i remember reading this page when I was holding newborn Aderyn when scott was a student in seminary... she will be 13 on Christmas Day. You are part of my story, Miz Boo. I am so grateful. And those kids are blessed to have you. And four hours a day is certainly all that i could do. I'm so proud of you for hanging in there! Love you, mean it - Stephie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5:44 PM

      Thank you sweetie! What a wonderful comment! I love you right back. Truly.
      Donna Elsie

      Delete
  2. Amy J in WI5:59 PM

    Congrats on your new job. I think you need to accelerate your hat search. It is cold!! Poor Katie - she is so close to 18. Big huge bummer. Can't wait to see the puppy; puppy pictures are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:55 PM

    Twenty hours a week will be perfect! I hope you like this position a lot better and are successful in finding a great hat that will keep you warm. And, oh my, that bagel looks sooooo good. :)

    Debbie Z.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new gig! The school is lucky to have you!

    Poor Katie....less than two months from meeting that age requirement. :(

    I bet Emma loves having a puppy. Well, I’m off to toast a bagel after seeing your pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:41 AM

    I just knew you would be getting another job...you are an asset to any school.
    Oh Katie, so sorry to hear that you could not go on the trip with your friend. Hope there will be other opportunities for you to get to NYC. And, Emma and a puppy, such a good idea. Dogs are unconditional lovers and so happy to see you when you get home at the end of a busy work day. Hats are so not my thing, but I bet you find one that looks great on you. I do have one of those floppy gardening hats that keep the sun off of my face. ;-)
    love and prayers, jep

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.