Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Happily Settled

Dearest friends,
Thank you for walking with me and helping remember I am not alone.
Love you all.

***



I realized that I have not told you any details about Emma and James' wedding.
They are getting married on April 7th.
The wedding will be in Chicago.  Emma and James have been working together so well.

In fact, right from the start I thought of this quote; it is about Jane and Mr. Bingley.
Emma always liked Mr. Bingley and she has her very own Mr. Bingley now.



“You are a good girl, and I have great pleasure in thinking you will be so happily settled. I have no doubt of your doing very well together. Your tempers are by no means unlike. You are each of you so complying, that nothing will ever be resolved on; so easy, that every servant will cheat you; and so generous, that you will always exceed your income.”


Seriously.  True.


It will be an intimate wedding with only family and close friends of the bride and groom.
(With our big family this adds up to over 125)

It will be very Chicago-y.
Deep dish pizza for the rehearsal and BBQ and beer for the wedding reception.
They are getting married at Missio Dei Church in Wriglyville.
Guests can wander over to see the Cubs stadium while the bridal party takes pictures and stop at a pub if they'd like.

Emma's roommate will be doing the flowers.  She has a new business in Chicago.
I'll link it.... Carolyn is doing great things!!

http://www.youthandyarrow.com/


This is an example of Carolyn's beautiful work!!
I can not wait to see what she creates for Emma.
(I did not take this picture.  Hopefully Em or Carolyn will pop in to share the name of the photographer.)



We have met James' family on Facetime!  Oh the modern world.
They are very sweet and so happy for their son.

Katie has her dress and shoes.  So pretty!
Patrick and I do not have our outfits yet.  

As you know there are a million details and I'm off the hook by being in Wisconsin.
We will go early and help with everything we can....we are bringing a cake from our town.
Now, how to transport it?  One of those details.

April will be here before we know it.  
I'm so excited to celebrate!  


Love is in the air,
Donna














12 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:47 PM

    Ok Miz Boo, Super small world. A few years ago, you linked to Emma's blog about her missionary work in Chicago. This is when she was living and working in the inner city. I linked the blog post to a pastor I knew from Lsa Vegas that planted a church in Chicago. I knew he'd like the work Emma was doing. That Pastor is Josh Taylor. Founder of Missio Dai. He was youth pastor at my church in Las Vegas when he was called to plant Missio Dai in Chicago. Josh's brother in law is now my senior pastor. Love this! Kristi in LV

    ReplyDelete
  2. If dad can’t figure out how to transport cakes, no one can! Love you. 😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all sounds wonderful. Best wishes to the sweet couple. Mr. and Mrs. Bingley! If they are truly like that, they are going to have a wonderful life together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beloved quote, and it makes me smile to think your dear Emma has found such a fellow.

    Flowers: gorgeous!

    When my younger daughter, at 30, planned her wedding, I only had to provide myself, properly dressed! (Well, that and funds!) She chose everything beautifully, and I kept receiving compliments for it all, at the reception. I just beamed and said thanks! Ha 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting times and the Lord always makes a way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you shared details! It sounds like a perfect Emma wedding. (Finding my mother-of-the-groom dress was the worst part of the two wonderful weddings. Wishing you more success and fun with your venture!) The flowers are beautiful, by the way.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Spring wedding! Love it! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. This all makes my heart so happy! Emma, of course, will be a beautiful bride and her Mr. Bingley will be glowing right along with her. I know that church and area well. How fun it will all be! Jamey's wedding last year was one of the happiest days of my life. To see your child loving well and well loved in return - what a gift!

    P.S. I'm with Anita. It was not easy to find a mother of the groom dress. Wishing you a much better experience!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:45 PM

    My last mother of the groom dress came from Coldwater Creek. I bought it at a brick and mortar store, but have bought other dresses from them by catalog. They are not too very expensive either. The first mother of the groom dress was a kilt...our son and DIL had a Scottish wedding with bagpipes in the ice chapel in Quebec...it was so very, very cold at that wedding, but we all had warm and happy hearts. We are so very happy for Emma and James and for all of your family. Precious times ahead. love and prayers, jep

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:41 AM

    So happy for your Emma and her Mr. Bingley! It has been fun to see her grow up on your blog over the years. I have been following your sweet family since back in the homeschooling days. I homeschooled my kids then, also, and I have a Katie the same age as yours. :-) Anyway, blessings to you all on April 7th!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:49 AM

    ...................Oh, the romance! You know how much I love their story #andtheylivedhappilyeverafter. Karen F.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.